Study Programme | Skills Training UK

Navigation

 

case studies

‘Amazing journey’ gets Chakaniya ready for psychology career

‘Amazing journey’ gets Chakaniya ready for psychology career

read more
Life-changing NHS work placement provides full-time job for trainee Callum

Life-changing NHS work placement provides full-time job for trainee Callum

read more
All case studies
0800 048 9370Request a call back

Ignite Your Success (16-18)

Register your interest:

I agree to www.skillstraininguk.com collecting and storing personal data as outlined in our Privacy Policy

Click here for our latest statement on the re-opening of our centres

 

We are an exciting alternative to sixth form or college, with courses built around you!

Apply now for Summer 2020! Fill in our short form here and we'll arrange a phone interview to confirm your place (subject to eligibility).

We offer a variety of Level 1/Level 2 BTEC courses for 16-18 year-olds to help you boost your qualifications so that you’re ready for the next step.

If you're aged 16-24 and already looking to start an apprenticeship or work, find out more about our Traineeships here.

Our courses for 16-18s…

Click the course names to find out more

Level 1 / Level 2 BTEC First Certificate in Health & Social Care

Units include:

  • Human Lifespan Development
  • Health & Social Care Values
  • Healthy Living
  • Effective Communication in Health & Social Care

This qualification is graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. It is assessed via an externally set exam paper as well as internally assessed assignments. The course includes a work placement in the sector.

Level 2 BTEC Technical Certificate in Business Enterprise

Units include:

  • The Business Enterprise Environment
  • Researching a Concept for a New or Revised Product or Service
  • Promoting and Financing an Enterprise Idea
  • Planning and Pitching an Enterprise Idea

This qualification is graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. 25% of the qualification is assessed via an online exam. The remaining 75% is assessed via assignments based on completion of a work placement in the sector.

Level 1 / Level 2 BTEC First in Hospitality

Units include:

  • Introducing the Hospitality Industry
  • Working in the Hospitality Industry
  • Food Safety and Health & Safety in Hospitality
  • How the Hospitality Industry Contributes to Healthy Lifestyles

25% of the qualification is externally assessed in two written exam papers on dates in January and May set by Edexcel. The qualification is graded PP to D*D*. Those who fall below the PP grade may be awarded a Level 1 in the qualification.

Level 2 BTEC Technical Certificate in Warehousing and Storage

Units include:

  • Warehousing and Storage Principles
  • Planning and Participating in Work Experience
  • This qualification is graded as Pass/Fail. It is assessed via assignments which depend on completion of a work placement in the sector

This qualification is graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. 25% of the qualification is assessed via an online exam. The remaining 75% is assessed via assignments based on completion of a work placement in the sector.

Level 2 BTEC Certificate & Diploma for Customer Service Practitioners

Units include:

Certificate:

  • Understanding Your Employer Organisation
  • Understanding How to Deliver High-Quality Customer Service
  • Understanding Personal Effectiveness in a Customer Service Work Environment
  • Understanding Communication in a Customer Service Environment

Diploma – all of the above plus:

  • Communicating with Customers Effectively
  • Delivering High-Quality Customer Service
  • Handling Customer Conflict and Challenge
  • Managing Personal Effectiveness in a Customer Service Job Role

This qualification is graded as Pass/Fail. 100% of the qualification is assessed via internal assessment which relies on completion of a 50 hour work placement in the sector.

Level 2 BTEC Diploma in Music Industry Skills

Units include:

  • Exploring Music
  • Self Promotion in the Music Industry
  • Creating Music
  • Music Production
  • This course is currently only available at our Ealing Centre.

This qualification is graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. It is assessed via an externally set exam paper as well as internally assessed assignments. The course includes a work placement in the sector.

Level 1 BTEC Introductory Certificate in IT

Units include:

  • Developing digital information using IT
  • Creating a spreadsheet to solve problems
  • Creating a website
  • Being organised
  • Working with others

The qualification is graded Pass, Merit and Distinction and is assessed via assignments. This qualification can prepare learners for further learning at a higher level in IT, but also develops transferable skills which can be used to go on to further learning in other sectors.

Level 2 BTEC Technical Certificate in Business Administration

Units include:

  • Understanding and Providing Administrative Services
  • Using Business Technology to process and Communicate Information
  • Planning, Organising and Supporting Business Events


This qualification is graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. 25% of the qualification is assessed via an online exam. The remaining 75% is assessed via assignments based on completion of a work placement in the sector.

Level 1 / Level 2 BTEC First in Public Services

Units include:

  • The role and work of the Public Services
  • Working Skills in the Public Service Sector
  • Citizenship, Society and the Public Services

25% of this qualification is externally assessed in two written exam papers on dates in January and May set by Edexcel, not on demand. The qualification is graded PP to D*D*. Those who fall below the PP grade may be awarded a Level 1 in the qualification.

Level 2 BTEC Technical Certificate in Marketing

Units include:

  • Marketing in business
  • Marketing of a product or service
  • Creating digital marketing communications
  • Planning and presenting a marketing campaign

This qualification is graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction. 25% of the qualification is assessed via an online exam. The remaining 75% is assessed via assignments based on completion of a work placement in the sector.

 

Apply online now for Summer 2020!

We’re not like traditional sixth-form or college, you can enrol on our courses at any time as long as you're not already at college. If you'd like to start one of our courses this summer, just fill in the form at the top of this page and we’ll arrange a phone interview to confirm your place (subject to eligibility).

Why choose us?

 

Don't just take our word for it!

Survey results from our 16-18 year-old BTEC learners (December 2019)


  Find us on Facebook here or Instagram here