- Start your career!
- Courses for 16-18s
- Apprenticeship Academies
- Success Stories
Mansi targets Business Apprenticeship after award-winning Traineeship successread more
Life-changing NHS work placement provides full-time job for trainee Callumread more
Courses For 16-18 Year-Olds
Are you aged 16-18 and not in education, training or work? We have a range of courses available to suit you!
Register your interest! Fill in our short form and we'll get back to you!
What do you learn?
Our courses are generally for six months (average 24 weeks), where you will study to achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 Technical Certificate. You’ll gain qualifications and skills to help you to progress on to the next level of study, a Traineeship, an Apprenticeship or employment.
Here are some of the qualifications you can work towards:
Level 1 Introductory Diploma in Business:
- Presenting a Business Idea
- Creating a Visual Display
- Recording Income & Expenditure
- Branding a New Product
Level 1 BTEC Introductory Diploma in Hospitality & Tourism
- Delivering Customer Service in Hospitality & Tourism
- Preparing and Cooking Food
- Serving Food & Drink
- Promoting Hospitality & Tourism Events - all internally assessed assignments (graded Pass, Merit, Distinction)
Level 1 BTEC in Travel & Tourism
- The UK Travel and Tourism Sector
- International Travel and Tourism Destinations
- Travel and Tourism Business Environments
Level 2 BTEC Technical Diploma in Children’s Play, Learning & Development (Early Years Assistant)
- Policy and Practice for Working in Early Years Settings
- Child Development from Birth up to Five Years
- Developing Professional Practice Skills for Work in Early Years Settings
- Supporting Children’s Physical Care Needs in Early Years Settings
- Supporting Children’s Learning Through Play
- Supporting Children’s Communication, Literacy and Language Development
- Developing Professional Practice in Early Years Settings
Level 2 BTEC Technical Certificate in Adult Care
- Principles and Practices of Working in Adult Care Settings
- Communicate and Handle Information in Adult Care Settings
- Contribute to Health, Safety and Safeguarding in Adult Care Settings
- Develop Professional Practice Skills for Work in Adult Care Settings
Level 2 BTEC Technical Certificate in Business Administration
- Understanding and Providing Administrative Services
- Using Business Technology to process and Communicate Information
- Planning, Organising and Supporting Business Events
Level 2 BTEC Technical Certificate in Retail Operations
- The Retail Environment
- Delivery Customer Service in Retail
- The Retail Buying and Selling Process
- Creating a Retail Outlet
Level 2 BTEC Technical Certificate in Business Enterprise
- The Business Enterprise Environment
- Researching a Concept for a New or Revised Product or Service
- Promoting and Financing an Enterprise Idea
- Planning and Pitching an Enterprise Idea
Level 2 BTEC Technical Certificate in Customer Service Operations
- The Customer Service Environment
- Delivering Customer Service Face-to-Face
- Delivery Digital Customer Service
- Improving Customer Service
Level 2 BTEC Extended Certificate in Principles of Working in Warehousing and Storage
This qualification is assessed through a combination of written assignments and work-based assessment, and it is graded as Pass/Fail. You will receive a sector-specific work placement.
- Warehousing and Storage Principles
- Planning and Participating in Work Experience
18-year-old Tudor Mihai Ladaru: “Skills Training UK has helped me prepare for my future, from teaching me interview skills, presentation skills and showing me how to go and look for a job. I can’t thank them enough.”
Our Level 1 and Level 2 courses are a practical qualification graded Pass, Merit and Distinction. The qualification will be assessed though a combination of online assessments and written assignments. Access to and interaction with employers, and completion of a sector-specific work placement are key to being successful in these qualifications.
Alongside your vocational subject, if you don’t already have a GCSE Grade 4 (Grade C) or equivalent qualification in English and/or maths, we will support you to work towards this.
Our tutors provide 1-2-1 support and guidance to help you develop new skills and confidence through a programme of Personal and Social Development. You will also learn practical skills such as job searching, CV writing and interview practice. We will work closely with you to discover your strengths and help you find a career path that’s right for you.
20-year-old Callum Evans: "I never thought I’d end up working in the NHS but it’s been so rewarding. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for Skills Training UK and I’m incredibly thankful for the skills I learned."
Our courses for 16-18s are delivered from five Skills Training UK centres across the country. Click here to find your nearest centre.
As well as your classroom-based learning, you will complete a high quality 50 hour work experience placement specific to the subject of your Technical Certificate, and will participate in visits to local employers.
20-year-old Emma Drakely: "I really enjoyed studying and training for a job at Skills Training UK and would recommend them to anyone. I miss everyone at Skills Training UK and would like to thank the team for supporting me to get this far. They were fantastic. I’m now looking forward to the future and finding employment. I’m in a much better position to do so, with greater communication skills and confidence."
When can I start?
You can enrol at any time! Our training centres are not like school or college, new learners join us every week. Fill in the form at the top of this page and we’ll contact you about enrolling.