- Introducing the Apprenticeship Levy
- Paying the Apprenticeship Levy
- Apprenticeships training for SMEs
- Use it OR lose it!
- Apprenticeship Levy FAQs
Apprenticeships training for SMEs
Upskill your workforce in line with your business goals
If your business or organisation has an annual wage bill of less than £3m then you do not pay the Apprenticeship Levy.
SMEs co-fund their Apprenticeship training, currently paying just 10% (with the rest paid for by the Government). From April 2019 this will have to be managed through the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) online account.
Speak to us for advice and guidance on co-investment and the additional financial incentives available. These include an extra £1,000 for recruiting a 16-18 year-old apprentice or a 19-24 year-old apprentice with additional learning needs or an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.
If you have less than 50 employees, then the Government meets the full cost of Apprenticeship training for those aged 18 and under. For employees aged over 19 they will pay for 90% of Apprenticeships training, with the employer co-investing 10%.
To find out how our bespoke approach can help your business, please contact us today
“The training programme provided by Skills Training UK has enabled our employees to change their ways of thinking and drive efficiencies in their working areas.”
Denise Spencer, HR Business Partner, Martindale Pharma
Helping SMEs upskill and succession plan through Apprenticeships
Working in partnership, we:
- Help you to upskill current staff in line with your business goals
- Use our recruitment service to bring new talent into your business
- Help you to understand the changes to Apprenticeships and how they affect your business – including the financial incentives available and how co-investment works
- Ensure the agreed Apprenticeships are closely aligned with your business and workforce development goals
- Appoint trainer assessors with relevant industry experience
Download our Apprenticeship Guide for SME Employers for more information.
For frequently asked questions about the Apprenticeship Levy, click here.
To find out more about the types of Apprenticeships we offer, click here