- Introducing the Apprenticeship Levy
- Paying the Apprenticeship Levy
- Apprenticeships training for SMEs
- Use it OR lose it!
- Apprenticeship Levy FAQs
- West Midlands Levy Transfer
Apprenticeships training for SMEs
Upskill your workforce in line with your business goals
If your business or organisation has an annual wage bill of less than £3m then you do not pay the Apprenticeship Levy.
SMEs co-fund their Apprenticeship training, currently paying just 5% (with the rest paid for by the Government). This is managed through the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) online account, where you can recruit up to ten apprentices at any given time.
Speak to us for advice and guidance on co-investment and the additional financial incentives available. These include an extra £1,000 for recruiting a 16-18 year-old apprentice or a 19-24 year-old apprentice with additional learning needs or an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan.
If you have fewer than 50 employees, then the Government meets the full cost of Apprenticeship training for those aged 18 and under.
Speak to us for advice and guidance on co-investment and the additional financial incentives available.
From 1 April 2021 to 30 September 2021 you can apply for:
To find out how our bespoke approach can help your business, please contact us today
“The training programme provided by Skills Training UK has enabled our employees to change their ways of thinking and drive efficiencies in their working areas.”
Denise Spencer, HR Business Partner, Martindale Pharma
Helping SMEs upskill and succession plan through Apprenticeships
Working in partnership with SME employers, we design and deliver Apprenticeship programmes for NHS, local authorities, advanced manufacturing, materials testing, aerospace, pharmaceuticals, rail, logistics and automotive.
Working in partnership, we:
- Help you to upskill current staff in line with your business goals
- Use our recruitment service to bring new talent into your business
- Help you to understand the changes to Apprenticeships and how they affect your business – including the financial incentives available and how co-investment works
- Ensure the agreed Apprenticeships are closely aligned with your business and workforce development goals
- Appoint trainer assessors with relevant industry experience
Download our Apprenticeship Guide for SME Employers for more information.
For frequently asked questions about the Apprenticeship Levy, click here.
To find out more about the types of Apprenticeships we offer, click here