IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
At Skills Training UK we work closely with our employer partners to deliver the training that fully meets the needs of their business. Together we develop stronger employees who work well, both as individuals and as part of a team, helping that business to succeed and meet its objectives.
This Advanced Apprenticeship is relevant to all companies who use IT within their business, either to support their main business activities or because IT or Telecoms is their business! It prepares the apprentice for roles such as network engineer, web developer, software developer, IT technical support and helpdesk.
- Building skills within your business to help you grow
- Getting the right people for your business
- Lower recruitment costs and save time – Skills Training UK will advertise and screen candidates providing a shortlist ready for interview
- Develop a pool of young enthusiastic talent committed to you
- Acquiring new knowledge and skills while working
- Gain nationally-recognised qualifications without the debt of going to University
- The start of your career in a company that cares and is investing in you
- A dedicated trainer and assessor team with time for you
- Working as part of a supportive team
What qualifications are achieved?
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills in ICT, Maths or English (Where applicable)
What to expect
During the Level 3, 12 month programme, the Apprentice will attend the Academy for a total of up to 10 training weeks. The remaining time is spent in the work place, putting the skills that they are learning into place within a real life working environment
The Skills Training UK Technology Apprenticeship programme delivers all of the skills that a new employee requires to ensure that they are successful within this constantly changing, fast moving sector. We also offer flexibility within the programme to ensure you can choose the training and learning pathways that fulfil your business need.
In the Academy
Apprentices will attend the academy 1 week per month for 8 months.
Training will cover:
- Communication and Employability Skills for IT
- An Introduction to Communication Technology
- Principles of ICT Systems and Data Security
- Web Fundamentals
- Computer Systems
- Maintaining Computer Systems
- IT Technical Support
- Mobile Communications Technology
- Networking Principles
- Managing Networks
In addition you may wish to add a further one week of specialist training by choosing one of the following options dependent upon the job role:
- Web Development
- Install & Configure ICT Equipment & Operating Systems
In the Workplace
You and your apprentice will be able to choose from a large range of competency based units which are best suited to their job role and your business requirements. Your dedicated Assessor will help you choose these at the beginning of the apprenticeship and will keep in regular contact with you outlining progress and addressing any issues that may arise.
- Have a named Assessor who will assist in the preparation of the portfolio and support their learning in the workplace
- Have regular monthly assessments which take place in the workplace, carrying out their normal tasks to demonstrate their competence
- Develop a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates they can perform at the level described
You may also like to have your apprentice gain a specific professional Vendor Qualification. We also offer flexibility within the programme to ensure you can choose the training and learning pathways that fulfil your business needs.
- MTA Security Fundamentals (Exam 98-367)
- MTA Networking Fundamentals (Exam 98-366)
For further information please contact us.
Call: 01902 837460 / 837461 or Email: email@example.com